ECU’s research students, working both individually and in teams, are discovering powerful and sustainable solutions for pressing health, education and economic prosperity challenges. Read more about our students and the impact they’re having on the community.
Undergraduate Research Stats
Percentage of ECU students that said undergraduate research contributed to their personal or professional growth
Average amount given annually by ECU to support faculty-mentored undergraduate research
Record number of presentations at ECU’s 2019 RCAW event
Percentage of students nationally that said their interest in STEM fields increased after participating in undergraduate research
- Designated a “high-impact” practice due to its positive association with student learning and retention
- Increases enrollment in graduate education and provides effective career preparation
- Develops critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and intellectual independence
- Develops an understanding of research methodology
- Promotes an innovation-oriented culture
Student Research Profiles
Student Research Videos
Sarah Bradshaw Researches Ozone Inhalation
Undergraduate Sarah Bradshaw is studying how ozone exposure affects your lungs.
Maddie Wells Researches Dance Conditioning
Undergraduate Maddie Wells is trying to find new ways to use dance to build healthier bodies.