The following are upcoming events at East Carolina University that promote community engagement and research.
- Engagement Scholarship Consortium: The consortium hosted its 16th annual conference at Penn State University. The conference worked together to advance engaged scholarship as an intrinsic, transformational component of the student, faculty and staff experience.
- ECU Engaged Scholarship Symposium: Students, faculty and staff joined us for two days of important discussion on community engagement and engaged scholarship led by Dr. Hiram Fitzgerald.
- Social Work Program: Eight students from ECU’s School of Social Work attended an event in Kansas City, Mo.
- Social Entrepreneurship Competition: Two ECU teams, PlayCare and ReBound, introduced their ideas to judges at a university competition.
- Social Entrepreneurship Competition: Third Street Community Harvest shared its idea to address healthy food options in Greenville.
- Holland Presents: Barbara Holland presented a program on Appreciating the Mosaic of Faculty Scholarly Talents and Contributions. A summary of Holland’s visit, as well as community feedback, was also collected.
- Velde Presents: ECU’s Beth Velde presented on Service at ECU: Public Service, Context for Public Service, Structure of Public Service, and Recognition.
- Public Service Symposium: ECU hosted the Ethics of Public Service Symposium to engage participants in discussions about ethical responsibilities of public universities, the value of public service to campuses and communities, the ethical dilemmas arising from public service and the rewards to all involved.
- Holland Presents: Barbara Holland presented on Tracking and Measuring Community Engagement.
- Furco Hosts: Andrew Furco, from the University of Minnesota, hosted a symposium on Institutionalizing Community Engagement in Higher Education.