Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure Request
Public Access to Financial Conflicts of Interest Related to PHS Funded Research
Since August 24, 2012, the Public Health Service (PHS) has required that institutions provide public access to certain information regarding significant financial interest held by senior/key personnel on research projects funded by the Public Health Service. Upon written request, the University will provide to any member of the public, information about the significant financial interests (SFIs) of a faculty member or other academic appointee funded by PHS funds. A written response to the request will be provided within five business days of a request for information concerning any Significant Financial Interest disclosed to the Institution that meets the following three criteria:
- The Significant Financial Interest was disclosed and is still held by the senior/key personnel for the NIH-funded research project identified by the Institution in the grant application, progress report, or any other required report submitted to the NIH;
- The Institution determines that the Significant Financial Interest is related to the NIH-funded research; and
- The Institution determines that the Significant Financial Interest is a Financial Conflict of Interest.
ECU makes available the following information regarding financial conflicts of interest identified on and after August 24, 2012 of senior/key personnel on PHS funded research projects:
- Name of senior/key personnel with the financial conflict of interest;
- The individual’s title and role with respect to the research project;
- The name of the entity in which the financial interest is held;
- The nature of the significant financial interest;
- The approximate value of the financial interest (in ranges) or a statement that the interest is one whose value cannot be readily determined through reference to public prices or other reasonable measures to determine fair market value.
The provided information will be current as of the date of the correspondence and is subject to updates, on at least an annual basis and within 60 days of ECU’s identification of a new financial conflict of interest, which can be be subsequently requested by the requestor. ECU will provide information concerning the significant financial interests of an individual for at least three years, as appropriate and requested, from the date that the information was most recently updated in those circumstances when disclosures date back up to three years from the request.
How to make a request
Please note that this is the exclusive procedure for obtaining this information.
PHS Significant Financial Conflict of Interest Public Disclosure Request
If you need assistance in identifying the sponsor’s award number and/or precise spelling of the Senior/Key investigator’s name, please access the National Institutes of Health’s RePORT tool for assistance at:
Once you have submitted your request, you will receive a response within 5 business days.
Please enter the information below. Required fields necessary to process your request are marked (*):