University and Medical Center IRB
This website contains the information you need to submit your human research for review and approval by the University and Medical Center Institutional Review Board (UMCIRB). The primary function of the UMCIRB is to protect the rights and welfare of human participants in research at ECU, ECU Health and its affiliates, and in research conducted elsewhere by faculty, students, staff or other representatives of the university in connection with their responsibilities or education. This mission is accomplished by an institutional commitment to education and establishment of a collaborative relationship with the researchers and key support staff.
As part of this site, researchers will find:
- Access to the electronic IRB submission system, ePIRATE;
- UMCIRB standard operating practices;
- Institutional training requirements for persons involved in the conduct of human research;
- Links to CITI training, ePIRATE training and other training applicable to human research;
- Frequently asked questions related to human research, IRB oversight and ePIRATE;
- UMCIRB rosters; and
- UMCIRB forms, documents and templates.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.