Capture 180 Research Challenge
In 2016, East Carolina University piloted a competition for undergraduates based on the popular 3-minute thesis competition. In 2017, ECU marked the branding of the undergraduate researching competition as the Capture 180 Research Challenge.
The Office of Undergraduate Research invites students who are carrying out research with mentors from all academic programs to participate. Students do not need to have completed their projects to be successful at Capture 180. The objective of the challenge is to describe your work to a lay audience in 2-3 minutes using one static slide or prop. Students are judged on comprehension, content, engagement and communication.
- Event Date: April 4, 2023, 2:00-3:15 p.m. as part of RCAW 2023
- Venue: Main Campus Student Center
- 2023 Program (PDF)
- Presenter Registration Form (Smartsheet); Separate from RCAW registration; Deadline: Friday, February 24
- Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- PowerPoint Template: A required PowerPoint template can be accessed for your Capture 180 Research Challenge Presentation.