Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Awards
Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity (URCA) awards provide funds to support faculty-mentored research and creative projects undertaken by undergraduate students. Applications consist of a summary of the work to be completed and a budget. Budgets can include funds to pay for supplies and materials to support the project, travel to the site of the project and a stipend for the student.
Application reviews are carried out by faculty who specialize in the four URCA content areas:
- Biomedical Science – Any science that applies principles of the natural sciences (life or physical) to medicine or health
- STEM – science*, technology, engineering, and mathematics
*Any science that does not apply principles of the natural sciences (life or physical) to medicine or health
- Social Science
- Arts and Humanities
- Spring 2024 application deadline: Friday, January 26, 5PM (EDT)
Spring applications will open in January (first week of classes).
- Fall 2024 application deadline: TBD
URCA Application Materials
- Funded Application Examples
View examples of funded applications in all four content areas:
- Awards received Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 (Smartsheet)