Laser TAG 2020 RCAW Image Competition
In 2020, the Laser Technologies Application Group (Laser TAG) hosted the first Research and Creative Achievement Week (RCAW) Image Competition, “Capturing the Art of Science,” to celebrate the beauty of scientific discovery.
The group received many excellent entries. Through the help of our esteemed judges, Emily Jarvis (Executive Director of A Time for Science), Trista Reis Porter (Executive Director of Greenville Museum of Art), and Michael Crane (Associate Dean of Research, Marketing and Outreach for ECU’s College of Fine Arts and Communication), the group arrived at this year’s winners. Judges were blinded to the identity of the entrants, and scored the entries on aesthetics, originality and relation to the described science.
Laser TAG co-chairs, Karen Litwa (Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology) and Robert Hughes (Department of Chemistry) are excited to announce the winners of this inaugural event.
- First Place – Fatema Salem (Graduate Student in Interdisciplinary Program in Biological Sciences)
- Second Place (tie) – Emily Wilson (Graduate Student in Anatomy and Cell Biology)
- Second Place (tie) – Chris Moore (Graduate Student in Biology)
- Third Place – Morgan Milton (Postdoctoral scholar in Biochemistry)
- Amanda Petritsch (Graduate Student in Anatomy and Cell Biology)
- Rohan Parekh (Graduate Student in Pharmacology and Toxicology)
- Samantha Dowiarz (Graduate Student in Biology)
- Peter Kann (Graduate Student in Biology)
- Alexandria Cedrone (Graduate Student in Biology)
- Allison Beachum (Graduate Student in Biology)